Thursday 15 August 2013

A-Level Results Day 2013

So today is A-Level Results Day. It's also the day that Barts told UCAS that I now hold an unconditional offer to study Medicine at Barts. This is the epitome of official. UCAS knows. Barts knows. Everyone I've ever spoken to knows.

Congratulations to everyone who got what they wanted today. It's a wonderful feeling to know that your hard work paid off!


Commiserations to anyone who missed out on an offer or didn't get the grades they'd like. It feels like the end of the world, but it really isn't. There is always another way and things are not as bad as they seem.

TOP TIP: Take a deep breath, hang out with your friends or go speak to your parents. Parents usually best in this situation. They know what this means to you, but they can also step back and give you a dose of realism.

I remember my results day. I need an A in Chemistry but fell short, getting a B. Full story can be found here and here. I ended up taking a gap year to look at my options. It wasn't realistic for me to retake any A-Levels, so I went on to study Biomedical Sciences at university before gaining a place at Medical School. It took four extra years but I'm there. I wouldn't recommend my route but if you are that determined, it shows anything is possible.

Congratulations again to all. I know how wonderful this day can be. I spent mine on the phone calling clearing hotlines before going to the pub.

No comments:

Post a Comment